Welcome to Hackettstown Life! This site is dedicated to providing the latest information from Hackettstown by local residents. View this months calendar, shop via the classifieds or just talk about what's going on in town using the forum.

Prices for delivered topsoil

We had to have a septic replaced and need to fix the yard back up. Looking for suggestions and roundabout prices for a delivery. I see Tickners is $37/yard but most everywhere else I look doesn't list prices or delivery fees.

submitted 1 day ago by MakoMiller1984

Public Adjuster

Any recommendations for a trustworthy public adjuster? Need help asap, Thank you!

submitted 2 days ago by Help

Traffic lights

Why are all the traffic lights in Hackettstown being replaced?????

submitted 4 days ago by Indie

Stanhope House getting the wrecking ball?

This would be a goddamned shame...

https://www.njherald.com/story/news/local/2024/05/13/demolish-the-stanhope-house-town-will-vote-on-famed-blues-clubs-fate/73616095007/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1Y82Z6eRx0AxcavfyOTZVfKNSiiHenCNijHxCIhyh5XVOY5dai0c8f0s8_aem_AfuCRDtrSJLXLFjbaG8YRLymTfkvCZ6SYM2jK0OnNx8WdhfPpnOzYumT2JBqgiGzvB0e0f2py60Pq7xenN6dqBmI

submitted 4 days ago by ianimal

new street light poles on Target Dr.

There are new street light poles on Target Dr. next to the existing ones.
Why are they there?

submitted 5 days ago by Pyc

Possibility to see northern lights this weekend

Possibility to see northern lights this weekendTonight (if it clears up!) /tomorrow night.

submitted 1 week ago by OnTheEdge

Mars House

Does anyone know who bought the Mars house across from Mars ?

submitted 1 week ago by Goldfinch

Verizon Cell Phone service issues?

Is anyone having cell service issues with Verizon today? Throughout the day, my phone service has been very spotty. It will work for a while, and then it will say "out of mobile network range." I went to a family member's house over in Roxbury and had no issues. Returned home to Hackettstown (Mansfield area), and sure enough, the cell service became spotty again.

I just moved here a few months ago, and there have been several times where the service went dead for a second, but I restarted my phone and then everything was fine. However, today, it has been... More

submitted 1 week ago by John Branson

Flying from Trenton Airport

Has anyone flown out of Trenton Airport and what was your experience? Some of the flights are extremely inexpensive, and I was just wondering if there was a reason to why. Daily parking is pretty reasonable too. I haven't flown in over 20 years but left from Newark when I did. I know a lot has changed since then. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

submitted 1 week ago by LadySkiDog

Allstate seeking 36.9% rate increase in home insurance

Ouch; yes I understand that amount might not be approved. A list of approved and pending increases here https://www.nj.com/news/2024/05/homeowners-insurance-company-asked-for-93-rate-hike-in-nj-see-the-increases-companies-are-seeking.html

submitted 2 weeks ago by OnTheEdge

Van in Barn

Antone know how the van drove into the barn on Schoolet's Mountain? When did it haoppen?How did it happen? Deer. Not Paying attention, medical emergency? Hoping the driver was nt injured.

submitted 2 weeks ago by happycamper

View the Hackettstown NJ Forum